“The state of being complete and satisfying” punched the clock for the explanation of fullness by the speaker Lady Esther Animah Gyamfi, the organiser for ladies wing as we delved into the theme for this year’s Glorious Ladies Conference dubbed, “Her fullness of Him” on the 21st of February, 2018 at the Queens hall dinning hall.
The Speaker continued after the definition by giving us a scenario “Akua is full of wisdom: this she explains means that if there is anything one wants to know concerning wisdom it can be found in Akua since she is filled completely with it”. Therefore, being filled with Christ is having knowledge of and also knowing Him fully.
From the Scripture she helped us understand that in Christ Jesus dwells the fullness of the Godhead in bodily form. And we believing that Christ lives in us, demonstrates that we also have the fullness of the Godhead in bodily form. Therefore, we shouldn’t be shaken by anything since we are made full in Him.
FEATURES THAT DEPICT THAT ONE IS FILLED WITH THE FULLNESS OF HIM
- The person exhibits the very nature of God and bears the fruits of the Spirit
- The person is dead to self and doesn’t glory in the flesh
- The person rejects vain glory and keeps away from hypocrisy doing nothing to please man but rather to please He who fills him
- The person is generally humble. Since humility is a trait of the Godhead one who is filled with His fullness is automatically humble. Being an introvert doesn’t necessarily mean one is humble the speaker cautioned.
DWELLING IN THE FULNESS OF HIM
After we receive Him through faith and He comes to live in us we must surrender our all to Him so that He will come and dwell fully in our hearts. So that we don’t only have knowledge of Him but we also get to know Him through personal experiences with Him.
- We need the Holy Spirit to strengthen us with power
- Love one another loving God first and making His love practical
- Desiring to know more of Him through prayers, fasting and meditation on the Word
- Depend fully on God for your strength
- Ask for the Spirit to grant you Wisdom and revelation to know Him better and moreover know the will of God for your life.
THINGS THAT HINDER US FROM DWELLING IN HIM
The speaker said there are many things that may serve as constraints to our dwelling fully in God and therefore these things are to be noted and desisted from if we truly want to have an intimacy with our maker.
- Excuses and procrastination
- Lack of fellowship
The speaker adviced that we have to develop intimacy with God in order to stand the test of time.
It was also clarified that since we are all brides of Christ we are all to exhibit His fullness and people need not to be told before knowing who indeed fills us.
SCRIPTURE REFERENCES: Eph. 3:16-19, Col.2:9-10, 2nd Cor.5:17, Eph.3:1-3, Col.3:5, Col3:17, Col.1:9-11
[WRITTEN BY THE EXCERPT WRITERS OF THE EDITORIAL COMMITTEE]