From Committee Meetings on Monday and Tuesday, the Ladies’ Week stretched over to Wednesday’s midweek service, Thursday’s Bible Quiz, Dawn Meetings and Saturday’s Panel Discussions. It was indeed a glorious week and God ministered to His church in diverse dimensions. Climaxing the week long programme dubbed; “Emulating the ways of Christ,” God, through Mrs Abigail Offei Badu, ministered to the church in yet another grand style. What a Week!
She commenced by saying that if there is anybody we want to measure up to, then there is no other person suited as that perfect example but Christ. Reading from Deuteronomy 18:8-9, she stated that since it is written that we belong to the kingdom of God, we must also not imitate the detestable ways of other people. Continuing, she made mention of the fact that the main reason why every believer is called, is to follow a set example of Christ (1 Corinthians 11:1). Meeting that set standard of Christ is to follow the core virtues listed by Him for us to emulate. She immediately proceeded to enlighten the church on these 7 core virtues of the Anointed One (Christ).
- First is His Humility (Philippians 2:8-9) Giving up all His advantages, privileges and life as a God, living in a human nature in other that He can be of a good example for us to follow.
- Next is that His Sacrificial Nature (Philippians 2:5-7). That is forgoing His position, prestige, heritage and readily making Himself accessible to all.
- Thirdly, he was A Man of Prayer (Matthew 1:35). Christ prayed daily, waking up early and moving to a solitary place just to pray.
- Again, He was A Man of The Word (Matthew 5:1-2). He never ceased the chance to spread the gospel, as He knew of the importance associated with the gospel. Agreeing to this, she also said it helps one to know the certainty of the things, one is being taught (Luke1:4).
- His Approachable Character. Christ was such that all could draw near Him and even ask him of everything.
- Again, He had A Forgiving Heart, forgiving those who prosecuted and crucified him, to the extent of seeking forgiveness of sins for them. Lastly, He is love, he died for our sins in other that we may have life.
- Finally, Jesus is Love. It was His love for us, that made Him go to the length of laying down his life for us.
Relating to Apostle Paul, she said after having received a new nature, he emulated Christ in every aspect of his life (Titus 1:5). He had a new nature (Ephesians 4:4). He had a new mission or purpose to save souls. (1 Corinthians 9:22). Also, he had a new lifestyle, had a new hope and became a new man (Romans 6:4)
In conclusion, she said, we do not belong to this world, therefore we should not conform to anything in it. Hence, just as how Christ spent quality time with His disciples for them to emulate His ways, we as Christians shd also spend quality time with Him in other to emulate Christ.