The first communion service for the year and semester saw a ministration by Pastor Stephen Sarpong on the theme ‘The Lord’s Supper‘.
With scripture references to Luke 22:19 and 1 Corinthians 11:22-34, Pastor Sarpong highlighted on the following:
– The Passover is an old covenant but the Lord’s supper is a new covenant to remember the deliverance Christ made on the cross.
– The Lord’s supper was instituted by Jesus Christ.
– Believers full of fellowship with the Lord qualify to partake in the Lord’s supper.
Importance of Partaking in The Lord’s Supper
-It’s a period meant to remember the death of Christ.
– We proclaim the Lord’s death.
– It puts us into focus the deity of Christ.
– To focus on the second coming of Christ.
-The power in the blood is made manifest.
Before partaking in the Lord’s supper, proper self examination should be made.
-Ask for forgiveness if you realize you’re not worthy of partaking.
Please click on the link for images https://photos.app.goo.gl/JVXr37J7TuaGFGJQ7