Hebrews 4:12 ;For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
The Bible can also be defined as the manual for the believer since it contains all what the Christian needs for his journey. It is also known as the mind of Christ and the voice of the spirit. Apostle Walker stated a couple of questions that comes to mind when we speak of the Bible..and they include:
Where did we get the Bible from?
Who wrote the Bible?
How was it written and how did it get to us?
THE DIVINE ORIGIN OF THE BIBLE.
The origin of the Bible is God Himself. He gave the ideas to man and inspired man to write, the man of God explained: The Bible made an emphatic statement in Genesis “In the beginning, God” and stated the trends and happenings before the writer of the book of Genesis (Moses)even existed. It was identified that the Bible is God actually telling His own story to His own people in an Anthropomorphic language(meaning God speaking in the language of man) Apostle Walker also stated a couple of topics that proves that the Bible is really inspired by God namely;
- Inner witness- (1 Peter 1:20-21 ) is the first proof that the Bible is really inspired by God.
- Witness of the new to the Old testament- We realized that there were lots of texts that showed that the new testament was Inspired by God. And the speaker stated that anytime Jesus said that “it is written” he was referring to the Old testament because by that time the new testament was not written.
- Witness of the new to itself- It’s a clear testimony that the word is inspired
4. Prophesy and fulfillment- It is also another testimony that shows that the word of God is inspired. The amazing thing about everything is that fact that these prophesies were foretold thousands of years ago and even in our present times they happened as prophesied
- Unity of the Bible- it possesses an amazing unity; written in three different original ( Hebrew, Aramaic and greek) languages by 40 different authors.
- Miraculous preservation of the bible- God through various means has protected the Bible for it to be able to reach us. No book has ever faced more persecution than the Bible has. Many numbers have been burnt and endless ministers have been killed because of this book.
- Influence of the bible- The effects of the Bible are beyond what words can describe. The Bible influences our thinking.Apostle emphasized the fact that when we say that the scriptures are inspired it does not really mean it is only useful for our emulation and copying but certain texts are there to warn us about certain actions, for example the betrayal of Jesus Christ by Judas Iscariot.Read it for guidance and may it not just be head knowledge but that it may be transmitted from your head to your heart and affect our world.
CHRIST IN YOU!!