At the last and final day of the Holy Ghost Convention, the Church was blessed with a ministration by Pastor Bright Frimpong, on the conventions theme “Let the fire fall”. The main scripture references were Malachi 3:1-3, 1 Peter 2:9, Romans 5:5, 1 Corinthians 13 and finally Galatians 5:16.
The poised speaker in his introductory message, made the church aware that Jesus died so that he will be broken into pieces and that there will be little Jesus’ all over the earth. He also said that, the spirit of God will quicken our mortal bodies and set us apart for the righteous works of God.
He mentioned that, in the old testament, the Levites were the people with the sole mandate to be priests and also the enter the Holies of Holies. But that is not the case of the new testament as Jesus Christ is the high priest and we are related to Jesus by blood and that he calls us his brothers, therefore, we are priests by default. The embodiment of God which is in Christ is deposited in us.
Reading from our main scripture Malachi 3:1-3 it is revealed to the Church that God will send a messenger who will prepare the way before Him. That messenger is like a refiner’s fire and a bleaching soap whose job is to refine and purify the Levites- the priests so that we offer him sacrifices in righteousness.
The church was made to know that the righteousness of God is like a sceptre which means Power and Emblem and that is what the fire of God makes available for those who live in the righteous path of Jesus Christ.
Below are the benefits of the fire making residence in man;
- The fire brings insatiable love for God, the things of God and the righteousness of God with reference to Romans 5:5
He acknowledged that the love to be experienced is so intense and compels us to defend and maintain the righteousness of God.
- The Holy Ghost consumes the cravings of sin and lust – reference Galatians 5:16-17
We will not gratify the desires of the flesh because the spirit leads us to do the opposite, thus gratifying God.
He cautioned that tongues speaking is not an antidote for sin but the fire of the Holy Spirit has that power.
Although we are the righteousness of God through Jesus, we are to walk in that same righteousness by doing what is right in God, not compromising our standards for anything.
Benefits of righteousness
- It makes us ensure that the foundations of God are established.
- It makes the kingdom of God come on earth -earth without righteousness is earth without the kingdom of God.
- Righteousness exalts a nation.
- Righteousness delivers from death.
- It is always well with the righteous man.
Further readings on Righteousness
Psalms 37:25 Proverbs 11:21
Proverbs 11:4 Isaiah 3:10
1 Peter 3:12 1 John 3:7
John 16:18 Hebrews 1:8
The man of God enlightened us on the way the world has now devised a professional way of sinning of which we regard as normal
Below are the 13 ways sin has been packaged.
- Egoism ————— doing what you want to do if you want to do it
- The emotion ———— the “I feel like doing” factor
- Innocent ————— I didn’t know it was wrong
- Conscience ———— your conscience does not condemn you neither feeling guilt
- Rationality ————- that there is nothing wrong with what I’m doing
- Intuition ————— I know it is right because it is my right
- Hedonism ————- I feel good about it so I will do it
- Statistics —————- everybody is doing it
- Individualism ————– I am the master of my life and I do whatever I choose to do.
- Relativism ——— it does not matter what others think
- Consequences ———— the things I do for myself doesnt harm anybody so I will do it
- Motivation ————– the things I do are not from my heart
- Materialism ———– get all you can by all means
All these are sin not matter how it is packaged, therefore we should let the holy spirit guard our heart and we will not be subject to sin anymore.
In conclusion, until we have the fire of the holy spirit which brings out the intense love, even with our own zeal and passion every effort is bogus. We should crave for the fire and the righteousness of God so that our righteousness acquired through Jesus will not go to waste.
May God bless his word
[WRITTEN BY THE EXCERPTS CREW OF THE EDITORIAL COMMITTEE]